Last week was the much anticipated Gibbons family vacation at Grandpa Gibbons newly completed Wyoming High Country resort (http://www.wyhighcountry.com/ ). The entire Gibbons clan gathered for a week of high altitude family adventures which included horseback rides, fishing, ORV trail drives, hiking, lots of food and excellent company. Wyoming High Country is on the top of the Big Horn Mountain range in Wyoming and is truly amazing. There was wildlife everywhere (moose, elk, deer, bear, antelope, crazed hummingbirds, etc.). The wildflowers were so thick you could smell them in the air wherever you went. The lodge staff were great and so was the lodge. In short it was a magical kind of place and a great way to spend a week. This is our subset of the Gibbons family on our hike to the Medicine Wheel (http://www.crystalinks.com/bighorn.html ).
I know you are thinking that our kids always look so happy... well in most instances they are clobbering each other and are not so smiley. So in order to get this great result, we have trained them to play the "what do monkeys say?" game. I know this puts them in league with Pavlov's dogs but it works! If this picture had audio you would hear a very accurate rendition of a screech monkey. Ooooh, Ooooh, Ooooh....
Flowers, flowers everywhere! The smell was amazing.
On our way home we went through Yellowstone NP and Teton NP. This was on the shores of Yellowstone Lake during a brief rest stop which turned into an hour long car maintenance adventure after the boys dumped rocks over the break pads. I had to remove the entire wheel to fish out the rocks that were stuck in the break pads! As you can see it didn't seem to bother them too much.
3 comments:
What an amazing place!! Haha, screech monkeys! If ONLY one could hear the audio for our pictures... not too pretty!! But whatever it takes to get the picture, right?? Your boys are so cute! And Steph looks GREAT!!!
Wow, that looks amazing! Maybe we should do a girls weekend someday! That sounds devine! Maybe when the kids are older? I am serious I hope you know!
I can't believe how big the boys are getting. They are so cute!
Post a Comment