Perhaps you are wondering why it's been so long since we've posted. C'mon. Twins can't really be that much work, you're thinking. We'll, I thought I'd post a few photos that show how my kids have been transitioning to the "curious twos", we'll call them. And, yes, it's taken me about this long to recover from these two days and others like them.
Below, you will see the result of four hours or so of work on my part attempting to feed my family healty by making homemade wheat bread. You will also so the (cleaned up) work of one of my twins of about 15 seconds. I came into the kitchen and found all four loaves on the floor, one of which had been destroyed by curious little hands and spread far and wide for mommy to clean up.
Note that Oliver has no shame being posted by his handiwork.
The next is a sequence of photos for which I have Gabriel to thank. While I was upstairs playing with Oliver (okay, okay! I was attempting to take a short nap while Oliver was peacefully reading a book), Gabe snuck (and I mean SNUCK) downstairs, moved his stepstool to the fridge, unlocked it, and proceded to experiment with gravity and our tile floor.
Yes, those are empty containers you see there. And, yes, they were not empty when he started.
Here is a partial list of items I found an inch deep on the floor. A gallon of milk, a number of cracked eggs, a container of orange juice, shredded chicken, Pace salsa, a jar of pureed strawberries, ...need I go on? Notice the empty shelves in the fridge.
Just in case you thought the worst of it was in the kitchen (as I originally did), enter Exhibit number 2. This is a 5 Quart container of oil purchased at Costco recently. I had just opened it and taken out a small amount, leaving the remainder in the cupboard. Once Gabe had grown tired of the fridge, he moved on to the cupboard, pulled out the oil and emptied it on to the floor. Not on to the tile floor, mind you, but on to the Mongolian Rug we have in the family room. Then he (just to show how sneaky he really is) put the lid back on and placed it into the kitchen with the rest of the mess. This was to throw me off the scent, I suppose. Both our parents assure us that Gabe gets his sneakiness from us. We don't know what they're talking about.
7 comments:
Oh my gosh, I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at this post. (Not that it doesn't secretly make me feel glad I'm not the only one with mischievous, destructive and messy kids-- I've had many a loaf of bread desecrated by little fingers). But I must say, my heart really does feel for you having to clean up this mess, I can only imagine your reaction, I'm honestly not sure what I would have done. Probably laughed and cried and banished the perpetrator to a safe room while I surveyed the damage. Oh my, thanks so much for sharing. And hey, no pressure with the whole posting thing... you've got your hands full!
Oh my goodness! You are such a good mom to have the composure to even take a picture instead of having a break down!
The only advice I have is to put those child handle things on your pantry door. Those have been a lifesaver for me, but I guess that doesn't help much with the fridge!:0
Boys are so much trouble! I know I couldn't handle two of my little boy, especially since my daughter is such an angel...well comparitivly speaking!
Thanks for sharing! Mothers of twins deserve a medal!
Steph, yikes I'm sorry that happened. I get upset when my kids mess up the toys right after I clean them up. I can't imagine what you must have felt. FYI, I finally created a blog myself. It is lovingvalspals.blogspot.com if you have a second to look at it.
So funny! I'm glad you took pictures, that's all you can do right..laugh! I miss you guys! How are the girls doing? Exciting news!
Wow... I think I would need someone to come over and remove my children from my presence for a couple of hours so they don't witness a side of mom they never want to see. Yikes. I am so sorry.
Oh Steph!!! I'm so sorry I am NOT laughing honest. Well, maybe a little. Kids are so fun. And I can only imagine how much more twins can get into. YIKES. We need to catch up soon. Miss you.
Oh man... that was exactly how Shaun was -- only there was just ONE of him! I cannot even imagine having had two just like him! It is so fun to see those little guys -- they are incredibly cute and I can tell that you are loving Mommyhood! :) Congratulations on a little girl too! :)
Post a Comment