Doug's work schedule has been so hectic both before and since Lily has been born that we felt we needed a big vacation so we could spend some good time together as a family. The best time for him was January and where else do you go in January when you live in Utah than somewhere WARM! We've always wanted to go to Hawaii and so we decided this would be a great time. Doug's parents stayed with us (or rather, us with them) which added an extra level of fun for both us and the kids. Ironically, despite being at a beautiful beach, the boys were only interested in swimming in the pool. So after a few days of trying to offer them variety, we opted to spend the rest of the week at the pool. And what a pool it was.
My parents always tell the story that, as a kid, when we were traveling on vacation I could smell water 100 miles away . One time I even woke up from a dead sleep as we were driving by a body of water and yelled, "Water! Stop!!". When my parents would tell me it was time to get out of the pool (any pool), I would hold my breath for as long as possible and stay under water so I couldn't hear them.
Well, it's been some time since I loved being in a pool that much. But I found that while in Hawaii, I was able to tap into that young love and couldn't get enough of the pool by the end of the week. I was the one begging Gabe for "just a few more minutes" in the pool.
Here are some of the photos from our trip.





























Tuesday, February 23, 2010
The Sure Cure for the Winter Blues
Posted by
Stephanie and Doug Gibbons
at
3:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Now I really want to go to the beach. You all look so relaxed and like it was a wonderful time. I love the family pictures--your hair is beautiful and the kids are growing up so fast. Lily is a doll. Wish we were closer and could see more of you.
:)Arizona Moores
How fun!!! What Island did you go to? Did it bring back any memories? I so want to go back!
It looks like it was soo much fun! Sorry you had to deal with some sickness. Also, thanks for the fun time we had with you last month. Your cooking was great (as usual) and the visiting was wonderful. Hopefully we can see you guys up in Idaho the next time!
love ya -Melanie
Beautiful. Family and scenery! I love the ones of Lily. She is so cute!
Beautiful pictures!! It is so great to see a new blog post too!! Your kids are just gorgeous Stephanie!
Hi Stephanie! I actually had a dream about you last night! It was really strange that all of a sudden after years of talking to you, you show up in my dream! hahah! I do not think we missed a beat and we were friends as ever. So, today I decided to drop everything and just go find your blog, as I knew Melanie had a link to yours and I did it. I see you have a very very cute family!! And a heck of a good time you are having! Awesome. I am sorry I do not have your email address and I am not on FB anymore, or I'd do all this there. I'd love to catch up some time and if I ever get down to SLC again, I'll look you up! Have a great day and it was nice to see your smile and hang out with you in my dream. :) haha.
Leslie Parker Lheron
Post a Comment