Waking up. She was pretty out of it but we finally got her to "liven up" a bit by giving her some goldfish. I think she is deciding if she should eat this one or not. She was a trooper and did awesome.
We have an awesome pediatrician and the moment Lily's MRI scans popped up on her computer she called us. We had only been home just over an hour. I wasn't expecting results so quickly and was anticipating waiting a full day to hear.
She delivered some good news. Lily's spine is normal and has no tumors or other defects. That is a huge relief. However, it still leaves other questions unanswered for which we are moving forward with other tests. Our next big step is to meet with a neurologist, but have to wait until May. In the meantime, in conjunction with our pediatrician, we are doing some other tests to see if we can gather more information for the neurologist and come up with a plan to help her out.
I want to thank all of you for your prayers, thoughts, well wishes, phone calls and texts. It has been a roller coaster of a day (and week) and I am sorry that I could not answer all of your phone calls. It is great knowing that we have such a strong support group. Thank you!
|
1 comments:
Doug and Steph,
You had an army of folks fasting and praying for you and you still do. We are glad for the good news and continue to pray that solutions will come your way quickly. It is always tough to see your little ones suffer in any way. I have too many memories that flood back to me when I see little kids in any hospital situation. All the best from Georgia.
Post a Comment